Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Camille Celine Fionda is here!

I just got home from the hospital last night and today was my first day with a little free time to write and update you all. So my birth story goes like this. As you all know my water broke on Thursday morning at 7am. I got up from the bed and felt like I am peeing on myself and ran to the bathroom. I called my husband and he came home from work and took me to my OB at 10 am. My OB did the strip test for amniotic fluid and it came back negative. I felt like a fool but I knew that something was going on because I was starting to have contractions. Anyway, my OB decided to check my anyway and when he did my water broke all over him and the table!! So, he sent me strait to the hospital. We got there at 1015 and waited almost an hour in the waiting room because of the stupid security guard. When the nurse came to find me and i explained to her what was going on she just kept apologizing. Once I got into the L&D room they check me and I was only a finger tip dilated. They started high doses of pitocin right away and by 4pm I was contracting every minute. I couldn't take the pain anymore and asked for an epidural which I had to wait for because I was the 4th women to ask. There were 45 babies born that day so there were lots of moms asking for pain medication. Anyway, with my sever anxiety and claustrophobia I absolutely hated be confined to the bed and was not able to relax or get any sleep. Thank God my sister and husband were there to keep my mind occupied. So, I was in labor for 23 hours, every time they check me I only dilated a half centimeter. By the time 5 am rolled around they decided to do a c-section. This was my biggest fear and when I got the news I cried like a baby and refused to go into surgery. I obviously lost that battle, but amazingly once I got into the OR I calmed down, they moved me to the table and she was born with in minutes. I've never felt so calm. She was born 6:10am Friday the 13th weighting 7 pounds 10 ounces and 20.5 inches long. She looks like me when I was first born. She ended up getting jaundice on Saturday and had to spend 24 hours in then nursery and on Sunday they found a heart murmur so she had a ekg and sonogram of her heart. Turns out she has a little hole but Dr.'s believe that it will correct itself. We came home from the hospital last night and today was my first day with her and I can not get enough of her. She is perfect, I have never been so much in love!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Such wonderful news:)
    --Shanon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tara - you have no idea how happy I am. Crying big tears of love and happiness for you and your family. CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete