Tuesday, May 12, 2009

12 Week NT Scan

I can't believe how fast the past three weeks have gone. It’s hard to believe that I am already 12 weeks pregnant. Today we had our 12 week NT scan. I was so anxious!! I asked my mother if she would like to come to the appointment with us. I knew she would. She’s never seen an ultrasound before and I knew she would find it really exciting. I asked her Sunday night after our Mothers day dinner. After I got off the phone with her Chris’s grandmother called. Chris told her our news and she started to cry. She was so happy. I started to cry, not because she was crying but because I suddenly felt really scared. I just asked my mother to come to the Dr.s with us. What if the Dr. tells us there is no heart beat while she is there? Chris’ grandmother is crying she is so excited; I just don’t want to disappoint anyone again. I was crying and telling Chris we should have waited, we shouldn’t have told anyone until after the appointment. So needless to say, Monday night I didn’t get a wink of sleep. My mom met us Tuesday morning at the Dr. I was so nervous I could throw up. I could tell my mom was nervous also. Chris was as cool as a cucumber, as always! The technician took us right away. I hoped on the table, pulled my pants down a bit, she squired the cool gew on my stomach and with in seconds I was able to tell that the baby was ok. My mom couldn’t see it, but I knew!! The technician took some measurement of my ovaries and fibroid before she really concentrated on the baby. The baby looked perfect. I can’t believer that in just three weeks it went from looking like a little blog to an actually tiny baby!!! The NT measurement was 1.3 which she said was in normal range, the heart beat was 172 and the baby was measuring a week a head which is fantastic news. I could tell my mother was relieved and she really enjoyed being there. I am so glad she came. We were done in minutes. I have some blood taken and we left. I had never been so happy. Our next appointment is in 4 weeks! This appointment will be an important one. I’ve never made it past 16 weeks so hearing a HB at our next appointment will be amazing!!! I just home the next 4 weeks go by super fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment