Monday, June 8, 2009

Sixteen weeks today!

Today I am 16 weeks along. Alot has happened in the past few weeks. I wish I had more time to blog and update but it always seems like I get side tracked and than forget. I can't believe how fast the past 4 weeks have gone. Everything was great until week 14. I noticed some brown spotting on my underwear. I thought maybe I was seeing things so I out a pad on and sure enought I was spotting. Surprisingly I didn't freak out. I just kept thinking to myself that brown blood is old and OK. So, I called Dr. Gallo and ofcouce he said to come in immediatly. He check me and couldn't find any blood but to be on the safe side he ordered me to stay off my feet for one week. That was the tuesday before Memorial day weekend. We had plans to go upstate that weekend. I stayed on the couch for 4 days. It was terrable. I did get to watch some great movies. By Friday I was ready to go crazy. I just don't know how some of these women on bed rest do it. We decided to go upstate. I just sat around all weekend and did nothing. The bugs were terrable to I spent most of the weekend inside. I didn't sleep well and honestly I couldn't wait to get home. It was a crappy vacation. I think I need to book a mini vacation this summer. Anyway we went back to the Dr. the day after Memorial day. Everything looks great. Dr. gallo said I have a low lying placenta and that is probably where the blood is coming from. He said if the placent doesn't more that i will probably have to have a c-section. I was not happy when I heard this. I always dreamed of having a vaginal birth and to be honest I am a little scared of the c-section. Not of the procedure itself but of being tied town to a table with a screen in from of my face. I am extremely clostraphobic and agoraphobic. Anyway, the baby looked good. My next appointment is tomorrow. We got the bad news at this appointment last time so I am extremely nervous. I feel like everything is going to be OK but I just hope I am not fooling myself. If everthing goes well I thing I will seriously consider getting dopller to get me through the next 4 weeks. I haven't felt the baby more yet and I don't think that is going to happen for a few more weeks.
Chris has been home from work for the last four weeks. It has been so nice having him home at night. He has made dinner every night and has really helped me around the house. He goes back to work today so I will be going home to an empty house. I am actually a little anxious about it. I am tired of being alone at night and actually a little scared. I'll probably stay awake until he gets home at midnight. I am not working tomorrow because of the OB appointment so I can stay awake.
This weekend we went down the shore to my parents house. The weather wasn't that great so we never made it to the beach. My clothes have been getting tight on me so my mom took me out shopping. Target and Kohls had nothing. I did get a new pair of pajamas and one shirt. My paretns really want to buy me some new clothes, so if everhthing goes well tomorrow I think I might let them. My cousin Daniel is my size and she did all her shopping at desination motherhoos so I guess I will go there. I also want to check out Edamame. Its a maternity spa!! I can really use a massage!!
Ok... keeping my fingers crossed. I will update tomorrow after my appointment.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Tara,

    I believe i saw a post from you a website talking about your CI diagnosis. I would very much appreciate if we could correspond. I can be reached at rafat.naqvi@gmail.com

    I look forward to hearing from you.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete