Friday, June 12, 2009

Its Friday!!!

Its' Friday, I'm at work and I can't wait to start the weekend. I will be sitting home tonight alone as usual. I conplain that I am alone all the time but secretly I love it. Don't get me wrong, i would love for Chris to work days and be home at night. It would be so nice to have dinner with him every night.But sometimes i just want to be alone to do what ever I want. Laugh, cry, chat on the phone, watch a chick flick or sit on the computer for hours search the web. Tonight I think I will order some food and rent a movie. I am feeling pretty good and looking forward to date night with myself.
So, our 16 week appointment went well. I lost three pounds, my blood pressure was in the normal range but a little high and Dr. Gallo was able to find the heartbeat right away with the doppler. We left and he told us to come back in 4 weeks. When we went to make the appointment the recepcionist told us that the ulrasound technition would not be in that week so we would have to come in the week later. I was a realy upset. Having to wait 4 weeks is hard, waiting five weeks is going to be torturous!!!
After the appointment i went to work. later that afteroon I started to feel terrable pain in my lower abdomen. It was about two inches below my belly button to my felt. I kept thinking it was round ligament pain, but it was in the same spot and it wouldn't go away. I had the pain all night and it kept me up. By eleven the next morning I was getting really worried. I knew the baby was Ok because I just heard its heartbeat the day before. I called Dr, Gallo and he said to come in for a urine test and that it probably was a bladder infection. So I went late that afternoon. The next came back negative. Dr. Gallo did an ultrasound and the baby look great. I was really glad that this happened because I got to see the baby. he did and internal exam and concluded that I twisted a ligament. I took the next day off of work and relaxed on the couch. He said a heating pad and and warm bath would help. The pain started to go away and I felt a little better today.

1 comment:

  1. Tara,

    I stumbled across your post on a message board on babycenter, and found my way here to your website. First off I just want to say I am so happy you were able to have a child, that in and of itself gives me hope. I lost my baby at 15 weeks on March 3rd, I went to the ER with bleeding and cramping and at that point my baby girl still had a strong heartbeat and my cervix was closed, we were praying the bleeding would stop, however the cramping turned into contractions and I delivered my tiny little baby stillborn about 2 hours later. Today we recieved the pathology report on the placenta and it gives the findings as Massive Chronic Intervillositis, and that a CD68 immunostain was performed and positive in the majority of intervillous cells. My OB was able to tell me next to nothing about this and I have been refered to a Genetic Counselor and a Peri but cannot get in to see them for 4 weeks. I am going crazy trying to find some information on this and I can only find medical journals that I don't understand. I want so much to have a child, I can't imagine never being able to carry my own baby and feel her grow and move inside me, the thought of it just makes me feel ill. The only thing I keep seeing on this report is that there is a 17% chance that I will have a pregnancy into the 3rd trimester.
    I know I haven't done much but ramble here, but please if you could tell me anything about this condition at all I would be forever grateful.

    My email address is jen_hagstrom@yahoo.com

    Thank you so much

    jen

    ReplyDelete